Susie Burrell's Cranberry, Almond & Oatmeal Biscuits
Makes 12 servings
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup Whole Earth Baking Blend
2 egg whites
1 tsp. orange zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond flakes
1/4 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a bowl, beating with an electric beater for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites, vanilla and orange zest.
- Combine in a separate bowl the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Combine the two separate bowls to make one mix.
- Add cranberries and almonds.
- Form the dough into small balls on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Transfer from the tray once out of the oven onto a rack to cool completely.